BLOG #7




BLOG #7


C O M R A D E S 



Never in my wildest dream that I'd be studying abroad. I just want to finish my college and get a descent job that can sustain my needs as well as my family needs in the long run.  

I don't know what I want to become even becoming a seafarer is not my dream. However, as I look into it, seafaring is a great opportunity where I can earn more than enough of how much I need and I believe in myself that I can do things I set my mind to. 

Call it fate or luck, I always manage to wade my way through. That's how I end up here. I am suppose to apply to a local shipping company in the Philippines to go on board and have my one year required sea time to complete my bachelor's degree but God is so great He gave me a better choice, to be one of Eaglestar's sponsored scholar. 


I believe life is a book and we are the author of it. We create our own story, chapter by chapter. We choose and decide what are we going to do and who do we want to be with in a certain chapter of our lives. I guess one chapter of mine has been unfold, meeting these people whom I called comrades. 





I've been hanging around with guys for like 21 years of my life already, technically since birth. In fact, I am more comfortable with guys because they are simple unlike some girls they are so irritating they get me on my nerves. 

I am glad to meet all of these people and had the good chance of knowing their culture and personality. One thing that is unique in our class is that we are a mixed group, we are composed of different nationalities and I believe this is an advantage. When we go on board later, we already know the differences in each individual's culture so adjusting later with our co-seafarers wouldn't be a problem.


Are you in a multiracial society? 








Comments