BLOG #12




BLOG #12


Life at Akademi Laut Malaysia
(Part 2)




Life of an intermediate senior is much better than what juniors have. We are currently in semester 3 and by April we will be on our final semester.

Time flies so fast, it was just like yesterday since I met all these guys. I used to count so often how many more months before I will finish my studies here in ALAM. Our 2 years of studying will be finishing soon this coming October and we will go on our separate ways after.





Before I left home, I set my mind to focus only on studies since this is what I came here for. Along my journey, fondness grew out of nowhere. I have been with these people since October 2017 for almost 24/7. I mean, I am supposed to get fed up with all of these faces as well their everyday horseplay routine (laughs).





Thinking about parting ways later, I will surely miss these guys. I never had Indian friends, Indonesian seatmate and Malaysian classmates before. I don’t even speak English back home, only when it is necessary. I thought vegetarians are people who are on a serious diet and I also didn’t know Hindus don’t eat beef. My point is, I am having a lot of memorable “first's” while having my stay here in this foreign land with all these foreign people.






Being a sponsored scholar and furthering my studies abroad is a once in a life time opportunity that I wouldn’t miss for the world. I became a different person, in a good way. Unlike before, everything seemed blurry. Now I have come to realize that life isn’t typical as we stereotype it. Life must be taken seriously just enough, allowing space for living it. Work hard and play hard, if you do a lot of hard work make sure to reward yourself in such satisfying way. In this manner all of us will understand the true meaning of life. 



Comments